More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Bethany House Review- For the Record by Regina Jennings

Hey everyone! I hope you had a fantastic Christmas. I know I did! In fact, besides spending coveted time with family, I also added to my precious book collection. One of them even made it to my top 5 2016 list.

                                                     For the Record (Ozark Mountain Romance #3)


     _____________________________________
              
               *About the Book*

 Jennings Offers Another Delightful Blend of History and Romance 

Betsy Huckabee might be a small-town girl, but she has big-city dreams. Writing for her uncle's newspaper will never lead to independence, and the bigger newspapers don't seem interested in the Hart County news. Trying a new approach, Betsy pens a romanticized serial for the ladies' pages, and the new deputy provides the perfect inspiration for her submissions. She'd be horrified if he read her breathless  of him, but these articles are for a newspaper far away. No one in Pine Gap will ever know.
Deputy Joel Puckett didn't want to leave Texas, but this job in tiny Pine Gap is his only shot at keeping his badge. With masked marauders riding every night, his skills and patience are tested, but even more challenging is the sassy journalist lady chasing him.


     ____________________________________

               *My Thoughts*

I started "book crushing" on Regina Jennings first in "An Inconvenient Marriage". I fell a little bit in love with her writing in ". I fell head over heels, must read every book, can she write another and have it to me by tomorrow" in love with her in "For the Record".
Yall. I am not. Even. Kidding you. Ah-mazing. Seriously.

Her characters.

Joel was Betsy's wannabe hero. He has the job description and he has the looks. He tries, at least a little bit. But it's his gruff nature that has me just about melting every time he comes on the season. I love an unruly hero, and Joel fits that bill!
Betsy is an energetic, tomboyish, March to her own drummer, women can do anything type. Basically, perfect combination.

Her writing.

The depth? The humor was off the charts. I was constantly chuckling at Joel's mumbling or Betsy's antics. That Regina was able to to take that same light heartedness and intertwine it with a spiritual and emotional depth worthy of inspirational fiction was worth every second spent.
Conclusion?
Perfection. Regina probably couldn't have set the bar any higher for me, and I can't wait to see what's in store for her next series!

    ___________________________________

                *My Rating*

I give For the Record by Regina Jennings... 

5 stars!

Happy Reading!

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!