More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Influencer Review- A Love so True by Melissa Jagears

Good Morning everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day! My day was going great until I turned the last page of today's book. Now I'm suffering Post book depression. Ugh. Guess I'll just have to start again! 



                   A Love So True
             _____________________________________
                               
                 *About the Book*

Evelyn Wisely has a heart for the orphans of Teaville and works at a local mansion that rescues children out of the town’s red-light district and gives them a place to live. But her desire to help isn’t limited to orphans. The owner of the mansion, Nicholas Lowe, is willing to help her try to get the women working in prostitution out of the district as well–if she can gain the cooperation and support of local businessmen to go against the rest of the community.
David Kingsman has recently arrived in Teaville from Kansas City to help with one of his father’s companies in town. While he plans on staying only long enough to prove his business merit to his father, he’s shown interest in Evelyn’s work and is intrigued enough by her to lend his support to her cause.
They begin with the best of intentions, but soon the complications pile up and Evelyn and David’s dreams look more unattainable every day. When the revelation of a long-held secret creates a seemingly insurmountable rift between them, can they trust God still has a good plan for them despite all that is stacked against them?
                 ____________________________________

                 *My Thoughts*

Teaville- My current book home of choice!I love this special town. Starting out the series with a bang- aka A Heart Most Certain, I was absolutely delighted to find that I loved A Love So True even more!

This book is the most well done work of fiction I've read in a while. Seriously. 

The female protagonist in this story-Evelyn-is completely unusual compared to a lot of books, which just serves to make her more intriguing. A lot of books feature "adorable", tiny little women that fit perfectly under the guy's chin. (I mock, but I won't lie, I still swoon in those stories too!)Not only is Evelyn tall, possibly even taller than our hero, she has one other unusual thing going for her.

She doesn't have any desire to get married. Now, this has a surprising twist so I'm leaving the details of that little tidbit of spoilery (I just made a new word) out of my review. You need to be in suspense, right? 

David, our hero, is the most adorable hero I've read about in a long time. He does so many cute things including, but not limited to, cooking and drawing pictures of our aforementioned heroine. 

Let's not pretend though, that it's all about the fluff. You don't just want the heart palpitations and adoring looks, guys. You also want the depth, don't you? This book gives you just that. Delving into a part of society that most people don't like to think about. Melissa does a truly wonderful job of making sure that we don't forget that there are people less fortunate than us, and that the amazing God we serve desires for us to look out for those people. Such a wonderful story of faith!

SUPER cute guys. Seriously, super cute. Go read it. And then read every other book Melissa has ever written. You won't be sorry. 

Lovers of Jen Turano, Julie Lessman, Judith Miller, and Jody Hedlund will adore this book, and the author that penned it! 

                  ___________________________________

                *My Rating*

I give A Love So True by Melissa Jagears... 

5 stars!


Happy Reading!

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!