More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Friday, March 2, 2018

Revell Review- A Passionate Hope by Jill Eilleen Smith

Hey everyone!I feel like I'm living in Chicago right now...either that, or my little Appomattox town should be renamed to be "the windy town", because WOW,it is breezy out there! Floors creaking, branches flying, and it sounds like a train is coming through our living room. Sounds like a good day to stay inside with a good book. Since it feels like I haven't had a moment of free time in a decade (hello, college meets career life), I thought I'd hop on to share one of this year's must read stories! 

35069228


*Summary*

Hannah and her husband, Elkanah, share a deep and abiding love, for each other, for their God, and for his tabernacle at Shiloh. Greatly disturbed by the corruption of the priests, they long for restoration and pray for a deliverer. But nothing changes as the years pass. Years that also reveal Hannah to be barren.

Pressured by his family to take another wife, Elkanah marries Peninnah, who quickly begins to bear children. Disgraced and taunted by her husband's new wife, Hannah turns again to prayers that seem doomed to go unanswered. Do her devotion and kindness in the face of Peninnah's cruelty count for nothing? Why does God remain silent and indifferent to her pleas?

Travel back to the dusty streets of Shiloh with an expert guide as Jill Eileen Smith brings to life a beloved story of hope, patience, and deliverance that shows that even the most broken of relationships can be restored.
                    _____________________________________
                         *My Thoughts*
I don't know about you, but I am such a skeptical viewer of Biblical movies and books. There just seems to be so much to get wrong and whenever I see one advertised I want to shout, "No, don't do it!". Of course, there are genuinely good Biblical entertainment options out there, but there are so many bad apples, I often feel like steering clear is the best option. 
That being said, "New year, New Leaf" is kind of my 2018 motto, and I'm trying to branch out. I'm always intrigued by the gorgeous covers and alluring summaries of Jill's books so I decided to give it a try.
Wow. If anyone could drown out my skepticism on Biblical Fiction, apparently Jill can. 
I've always loved the "little guy" stories. Those amazing stories that show how our amazing, all-powerful God shows that even when we think we are insignificant, He can use us for His good. Through the pages of this book, Jill beautifully brings to life the amazing, heartbreaking story of Hannah. Through all of life's ups and downs, she continued to believe that her God was greater. And through that faith, we know God honored her for His glory.
In these pages, you will probably rejoice and mourn alongside Hannah, and you will most likely want to kick some sense into Elkanah. Jill brought this story to life with such clarity and Biblical accuracy, I know God was glorified through it. But what I can guarantee you? You will not only gain insight into one of the most amazing stories in the Bible, but your faith in Biblical Fiction just might be restored. I know mine was.
   _______________________________________________________

    *My Rating*

  I give A Passionate Hope...


                                       




                             5 stars! 

         

*
I received this book from the publisher, but was in no way required to give a positive review.


Happy Reading,

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!