More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Whitaker House Publishers- The Hesitant Heiress by Dawn Crandall


Happy Friday everyone!! About a week ago, I hopped over to Heather Gilbert's lovely blog, and entered a drawing for a free ebook--a debut novel--by the inspiring Dawn Crandall. I didn't think i'd win so I entered "just for fun"...well a day later guess who won? Me!! I ended up writing back and forth with Miss Crandall and finding that this "go-getter" is releasing three books within a couple months and with an adorable baby boy to care for as well!! I quickly found she has an amazing talent for Historical Romance, as I'm sure you will find as well!!

You can read an interview on the lovely Miss Dawn at Novel Pastimes!!

I love her cover:







Description:

Amaryllis has been targeted once again by a cruel man hating on her family. This time she's been kicked out of the Boston Conservatory, taking away just one more thing that she loves. So when she is invited to stay with a distant relative she must jump at the chance. Upon arrival, Amaryllis is treated lovingly and realizes this was a good idea. Well at least she thought it was until she finds that a descendant of the hateful man, Nathan Everstone will not only be in the same area but the same HOUSE! Will she stay with her dear Aunt or try to leave on the nearest form of transportation to escape the dreamy son of the evil man trying to tear her life apart? Or will she finally trust Nathan and let him into her heart?

Nathan Everstone has been drawn in by Amaryllis from the moment he heard about her..but he never imagined the child he'd dredged up in his mind had grown up into a stunning young woman. He's completely in love with the sweet young woman but there is one problem...she can't stay in the same room as him for longer then a few minutes! Confused at her constant rejection and persistent to get her to befriend him, will he ever truly understand? Or will she never fully trust his word?

The Hesitant Heiress has to be one of THE best historical romance I've ever had the privilege of reading. Dawn has done a fabulous job of getting readers hooked on Amaryllis and her snubbing the ever gorgeous Nathan Everstone and they can't resist being drawn into his persistent attempts to get a certain someone to trust him. Filled with Romance, Jealousy, and an overwhelming need for trust, The Hesitant Heiress is the perfect Historical Romance and Dawn Crandall is my new favorite author!!

SO worth the money!!


Why I liked it:


"The Hesitant Heiress" is a perfect blend of trust, mystery, romance, history, and just shows you that "things aren't always what they seem". Dawn uses a wonderful form of persistence in her characters, as well as a perfect way of making her characters so intriguing that the readers are begging for more! I didn't know what to expect since this is Dawn's first novel but she, Amaryllis, Nathan, and all her wonderful characters quickly climbed the ladder and straight into my heart and into my favorites!! The Hesitant Heiress is exactly what I would expect for a Historical Romance. Oh...did I mention she uses every day ENGLISH? While I have read Some good Historical's  the one thing I always hate is the big fancy, "have to use a dictionary to read it" words and I can't stand that! No annoying accents either, which in my book, makes it perfect!!


What didn't I like:

I don't think there was ANYTHING I didn't like about this book. Part of the ending does leave the unfortunate "damsel in distress" without clothes but she has a cape and their is basically nothing else "inappropriate" for younger readers. :)


My Rating:

I give The Hesitant Heiress....








5  stars out of five for teen approved,Historical perfection, and wonderful characters!!

Why my rating is what it is:

I love The Hesitant Heiress and it's characters are some of my favorite for this entire year of book reading...which is why I give it 5 stars.



Dawn is graciously allowing me to review her second book as well, coming out in November, so be sure to come back here for that...but first read "The Hesitant Heiress" and stop by Dawn's blog!!

Blessings,
Nicki


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!