More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Awards for 2014-The Best of the best in the Christian AND Fiction world.

Hello everyone!!Today is a special post...my awards for 2014! In this post I'll do four categories: Top ten favorite new books of 2014, Top favorite debut author of 2014, Top 3 favorite authors in 2014, Top 15 favorite books in all of 2014, Believe  me, you don't want to miss these books!

This is going to be a super long post so of course I'm listening to Christian singer group 'Third Day' while writing for you all.  Don't know Third Day? Here's a favorite song of their's!





Now to get started with...  FAVORITE DEBUT AUTHOR OF 2014:

Dawn Crandall!




I was browsing facebook when I came across a post from an author I know personally (Used to live a mile away from me...Heather Gilbert! Very cool!) and I saw that she was having a giveaway on her blog of a new ebook. You know me, I cannot resist a free book, even though I figured my chances were zero, I signed up. I WON!! The Hesitant Heiress was excellent and one of the most exciting things of 2014 was meeting Dawn! I ended up reviewing the book I won and then getting the pleasure of reviewing her second book, The Bound Heart that came out in November. I will also be reviewing 'The Captive Imposter' releasing in February and her books may be in paperback THIS YEAR! So Excited for Dawn and all he has in store for her, her husband Jon, and adorable 8 month old Rhett (Yes, she has been writing with a new baby which just makes her more awesome. ; ).



___________________________________________________

Next is...  TOP FAVORITE AUTHORS OF 2014

(In no particular order)

                                    Susan May Warren
                                


I most recently read and reviewed 'Always on My Mind' on my blog but hope to read more of her stories soon! Fun fact? Susan's book 'When I Fall In Love' was the first book I ever received for review!The book was fantastic and you can read my review by clicking on the cover:





Julie Lessman


I received Julie's latest book from Revell for review because I loved the cover and immediately had her books at the top of my Christmas book...a bonus? I realized in the midst of my Amazon and Christian book ebook freebies, I had ANOTHER book of hers I have never read...in fact I'm reading it now!




Laura Frantz


I discovered Laura Frantz on bookfun.org's website for book reviewers (My version of heaven on earth!) and have been hooked on her historicals since...good thing I got 3 new ones for Christmas although I only have one left that I haven't read now. (The joys of a ten hour trip to NY and back for Christmas) My favorite of hers is still the one I reviewed though...they were my favorite characters. Again, click on the cover for my review:



Ladies, here is a badge for your blog...you definitely don't have to use it but I thought maybe it may boost readers interest if they've never read your books.




___________________________________________________________

Top 15 Favorite books of 2014

(In order)


1. Surprised By Love By Julie Lessman



"Filled with good, clean fun and undeniable desire from an unlikely source, the twist and turns in this sweet, humorous book will keep you begging for more!"

2. Love's Fortune by Laura Frantz   


"Laura created believable, sweet characters that allows the reader to love them throughout. Her historical settings and stunning cover only had to the magic of this awesome read!"

3. Traces of Mercy by Michael Landon Jr. & Cindy Kelley


"I was in LOVE with this Civil War era book from the very start and there were times where I was shocked and times where I'd jump up and exclaim, "I knew it!"

4. Honor By Lyn Cote



"This book had such a different story line, for this being my first book read by Lyn Cote, I was certainly in love with Honor and her begrudgingly sweet hero and will continue to read her beautiful books!"


5. The Hesitant Heiress by Dawn Crandall

"This book was such a lovely mix of suspense, romance, passion, Christian values, and language I can actually understand, I plan to put up a calender the moment I find out when her books come out in print."


6. The Bound Heart by Dawn Crandall
                                                           


"When I read the first book, I was so hoping Dawn would do a story on Lawry, I jumped up and down when I started it!  I wasn't sorry when I finished it either even after tearing that muscle in my leg!" ;)

7. Always on My Mind by Susan May Warren


"Casper Christiansen is one of my favorite heroes of all time. I was constantly in mourning with Raina over her choices and when Casper and Raina were together...Oooh I can't wait for the rest of this wonderful series."


                            8. Love at Any Cost By Julie Lessman


                                                             

            "Love at Any Cost's characters didn't come as a surprise to me because I had already read 'Surprised by Love' to review before I received this book but I still loved every bit of it. Cassidy was so spunky and don't EVEN get me started on the kissing scenes..."

9. Hidden Agenda by Lisa Harris


"Normally, I don't like mysteries as much. You've probably noticed that I go nuts for Historical's and that I have some contemporary favorites, but very few times do I have a mystery. (Yes, I did say NCIS was my favorite show ;) Hidden Agenda was not like any I've read. The characters were amazing, plot line very different, and even the cover is lovely. Definitely looking for Lisa Harris in the future."

10. Love's Reckoning by Laura Frantz



"Love's Reckoning was special to me even though I had already read 'Love's Fortune' because I had already known the characters and had a special connection with them. I will forever love the ever gruff Silas Ballantyne now that I know his and Eden's story."

11. Love's Awakening by Laura Frantz


"After first reading book three, then book one, Love's Awakening was squished somewhere at the end but not to worry...Ellie will forever have her own place in my bookshelf along with the rest of the Ballantyne series. Laura's covers are my FAVORITE and I love her plots and special characters,"

12.  Wonderful Lonesome by Olivia Newport


"Wonderful Lonesome was somewhat as the cover says...Wonderful just not lonesome. This book is filled with some sweet characters and friends and the 'gusto' that the Heroine has truly makes it a special Amish read. Can't wait for book 2!"

13. Secrets of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen


"Another I haven't read, (I know, where have I been?!) Julie Klassen's mystery in The Secret of Pembrooke park was awesome!! I loved the Heroine and her determination to find the treasure and I loved what was revealed at the end. Probably my favorite ending of all time!" 

14. The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

"I listened to the Bridge over audio book and was quickly wondering why on earth The Bridge was missing from my library. The story was so magical and as a book lover, my heart was fluttering throughout. The woman that read the audio book was spectacular as well."


15. Tried and True by Mary Connealy 


"I wasn't really sure what to make of this one. As a Connealy fan, I knew I had to get this one but it was different somehow. I don't know, probably just me. I loved the beginning scene from this one, the bond between sisters, and just the overall sassiness Kylie contained. Western all the way."


Here is your badge ladies!



__________________________________________________________________


Top 5 favorite covers of 2014

(In Order)

1. Love's Fortune By Laura Frantz

2. Always on My Mind By Susan May Warren


3. Playing By Heart By Anne Mateer



4. At Bluebonnet Lake by Amanda Cabot


5. A Most Inconvenient Marriage by Regina Jennings








_______________________________________________________________


Top 5 NEW books of 2014


1. Surprised By Love by Julie Lessman


2. Love's Fortune By Laura Frantz

3. The Hesitant Heiress by Dawn Crandall

4. Honor By Lyn Cote


5. Always on My Mind By Susan May Warren



______________________________________________


I hope you all enjoyed my post and that you honestly check these authors out. They're all amazing authors in their own unique way and could use your support!! Have any authors for me? Let me know in the comments and come back this year for more great books!



Blessings,
Nicki

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to be your favorite debut author this year, Nicki! And I live that both of my books made the list! I didn't know you felt that way about Lawry! I have a really hard deciding who my favorite hero is... Lawry or Nathan... but really, I depends on who's story I'm reading at the moment, Meredyth's or Amaryllis's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICKI!! Oh my goodness, I am beyond blessed to have two books on your list -- WOW, you just made my day, my friend, so THANK YOU!!

    I wish you a happy, healthy, and holy new year!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!