More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Saturday, January 10, 2015

David C. Cook Review- Finding Mercy by Michael Landon Jr. & Cindy Kelley

Good, freezing morning to you all! I hope it's a whole lot warmer where you are then it is here...it was a whopping 12 degrees this morning @ 7:30 when I had to walk my aunt's dog. Brrr... This morning's book's mystery & action certainly had my temperature up the other night...wow! First though, this song is stuck in my head so I decided to share it with you. :)








*Book Description*

Mercy, as we saw in book one, is still on the run from both sets of men. Those who are out for her capture, and maybe, those who are out for her heart. When one or both of the groups of men who are looking for her catch up, Mercy is all the more worried for her life. Then a group of union soldiers look after her when she's ill...or so she thought. When Mercy does find her family, will it be a warm welcome? Who was the man in the picture frame who looked so familiar? Will she ever trust her heart again, whether it's as Mercy or as...someone else?

Captain Elijah Hale and his young african American companion, Isaac are quickly gaining on Mercy...or at least he hopes. When they come accross a fort of suspisious union soldiers who have her horse, it's up to Elijah and Isaac, once again, to make sure she's safe. Slowly but surely Elijah's feeling grow for a young woman...will she return the sentiment or send him packing? Will he be able to keep Mercy safe from something-or someone- she once trusted? 


*What I liked*

I could go on and on about every detail I loved about this book, just as much as the first. Instead, I'll give you my top favorites, and why I liked this book better then the first...no cliff hanger. You could absolutely read this second book without reading the first although it wouldn't be as informative. Not so with the first. The first is such a cliff hanger, you HAVE to read the second book. I would know. I'm one of those 'get books free or I generally don't buy them' people and I payed money for this ebook. Worth every cent.
I loved the cover, the characters relationships with one another, and the mystery and edge of your seat suspense that Michael & Cindy draw into this book. Absolutely AMAZING.


*What I didn't like*

I'm not going to tell you what I don't like about this book. There isn't any, so I'll just tell you what some of you non- mystery/suspense people may not like. There is some serious, catch your breath stuff in here that you may not like. Things involving the Klan, bounty Hunters, and betrayal from people you may or may not suspect. It's deep but it's good. There is also a lot of hatred between the 'Yankees' & 'rebels' but that's expected, needed in a civil war book.

*My Rating*

I give Finding Mercy... 5 stars!!



*Why my rating is what it is*

My rating is five stars for a book filled with just the right amount of history, romance, betrayal, and suspense to make this the perfect civil war book. By far the best I've read in this war.

 *Where to buy it*




(I got mine from Christianbook but I usually get them from Amazon in ebook form because their reading app is THE best!)


*What I've just finished*



*What I'm reading now*




Happy Reading,
Nicki











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!