More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Revell Review-Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon

Happy early April day y'all!! (Hey every once in awhile you need to make up a Holiday!) Anyways, I hope you're ready for a suspense because Irene Hannon is what you would call "On point" with her next novel, Buried Secrets...Check it out!






___________________________________________________

*Summary*

After seven years as a Chicago homicide detective, Lisa Grant has hit a wall. Ready for a kinder, gentler life, she takes a job as a small-town police chief. But the discovery of a human skeleton by a construction crew at the edge of town taxes the resources of her department. A call for assistance brings detective Mac McGregor, an ex-Navy SEAL, to her doorstep. As they work to solve the mystery behind the unmarked grave, danger begins to shadow them. Someone doesn't want this dead person telling any tales--and will stop at nothing to make certain a life-shattering secret stays buried.

 __________________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

Oh.My.Word. Oh my word!! Remember when I reviewed Deceived, I said I was unsure whether or not it was the author I didn't like or whether it was that I'd read something similar? Yeah, definitely NOT the author. This book was incredible. The cover's great. I get that but it goes SO MUCH deeper then that! Irene's writing was fabulous...not too simple but as Gilbert Blythe would say, not "high falutin" either. What really threw me after reading the first book, is there was humor in this book...star for Irene!! 
My favorite part of the book was definitely the characters though. I loved how Lisa defended her job as a woman in a high position in what usually is considered a man's job. I love how Mac would backtrack when he knew he wasn't talking himself into trouble. (Back to the humor, you will FALL OVER with laughter when you find out his real name!) I even love Lisa's relationship with her mom, how typically protective she is of her daughters... Even after all that, my favorite characters? Mac with his brothers. YES!! Remember, this is the first book of a series and I almost cried when I saw the "coming 2016" statement at the end of the book. The characters are so well developed I feel as if Mac could be my next door neighbor or that I'd run into Lisa's mom at church!

The Christian aspects of this book are amazing!! As sometimes is the case in Colleen Coble's novels or other suspense writers, this book doesn't just have surface level Christianity in it. On the flip side, it's not pushy either. Irene has created the perfect blend of faith, romance, and suspense to keep us on our toes through all aspects of our life which to me is important.

The story line isn't anything "extreme" in the sense that you'd say "Wow, I have never read ANYTHING close to that before" but to me it still felt different. It showed power struggles like many books do but at the same time, Irene painted it in a bit of a different light with the story line which was nice.


__________________________________________________ 
*My Rating*

I give Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon...




5 stars!! (Although I'm confident, if given the option, it would be higher!)

____________________________________________________
*My overall thoughts*

Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon is just the kind of suspense novel everyone needs to read! Suspenseful and romantic without being edgy, Irene perfectly blends together not just romance and cute characters but a depth and faith that keeps you turning pages. A must read!


_____________________
 *Where to get it*





________________________________________________________

Thanks for coming and come back later for "The Creole Princess" by Beth White!

Happy Reading,

Nicki





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!