More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thomas Nelson Review- A Sparrow in Terezin by Kristy Cambron

Good morning everyone!! We're in the middle of chasing a mouse this morning...yes I said MOUSE! Our darling cat decided to show us her prize at approximately 5:30 this morning and we've been chasing him since. Unfortunately, both mom and I are TERRIFIED of mice and Meghan...well, let's just say she's not a morning person. Putting it lightly. Anyways, I know you're here because you read the title of my post and like me, you're DYING to read about Kristy Cambron's NEW book A Sparrow in Terezin!




___________________________________________________

*Summary*

  ~Bound together across time, two women will discover a powerful connection through one survivor’s story of hope in the darkest days of a war-torn world.~
Present Day—With the grand opening of her new art gallery and a fairytale wedding just around the corner, Sera James feels she’s stumbled into a charmed life—until a brutal legal battle against fiancé William Hanover threatens to destroy the perfectly planned future she’s planned before it even begins. Now, after an eleventh-hour wedding ceremony and a callous arrest, William faces a decade in prison for a crime he never committed, and Sera must battle the scathing accusations that threaten her family and any hope for a future.
1942—Kája Makovsky narrowly escaped occupied Prague in 1939, and was forced to leave her half-Jewish family behind. Now a reporter for the Daily Telegraph in England, Kája discovers the terror has followed her across the Channel in the shadowy form of the London Blitz. When she learns Jews are being exterminated by the thousands on the continent, Kája has no choice but to return to her mother city, risking her life to smuggle her family to freedom and peace.
Connecting across a century through one little girl, a Holocaust survivor with a foot in each world, these two women will discover a kinship that springs even in the darkest of times. In this tale of hope and survival, Sera and Kája must cling to the faith that sustains and fight to protect all they hold dear—even if it means placing their own futures on the line.

 __________________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

Wow. First, I'll start with this. This is my first Kristy Cambron novel. Mistake on two levels. One, this novel was genuinely good! Such a perfect depiction of WWll and the characters were REAL. They had dreams, plans, fears, faith, hope...Kristy opened me up to the realities of war. It's nothing pretty...wars rarely are, but it is honest and true and a part of our history. Kaja's stories were filled with stories. Some horrors sure. But Kristy showed us how they overcame. Somehow, Kristy she it from something you would learn in a history class to a special reader to character relationship that allowed us to see the impact.

That being said, don't read this book. WHAT?!?! NO! That is not exactly what it seems so keep reading. While Kristy is new she does have another book out...The Butterfly and the Violin. You've probably heard of it. I know I have. And while I haven't had the privilege of reading it, I know I should have. Because this book is part of a series. Not a "can read as a stand-alone novel" series but one of those that leaves you hanging and weaves into the next book. Therefore, as someone who picked up in the middle of the series, I seriously suggest reading the first book...well, first.

One thing that made this story so unique was the blend of modern day time with World War 2. A special story by a brand new author of whom I can't wait to read more of!

__________________________________________________ 
*My Rating*

I give A Sparow In Terezin by Kristy Cambron...





4 stars!! (While not a perfect five, had I read book one, I'm sure it would be!)

____________________________________________________
*My overall thoughts*

A Sparow In Terezin by Kristy Cambron is a wonderful twist of modern with history, blending together, helping to show we aren't so different as we think. Beautiful writing, a wonderful story, and a reality that helps shape and mold our history in a way textbooks never could!

_____________________
 *Where to get it*




Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Reading,
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!