More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Litfuse Review-Heart Sisters by Natalie Chambers Snapp



Hey everyone!! I'll make this short because IT.IS.GORGEOUS.OUT!! As soon as I review this book and one other I'll be out to bask in the glorious sunshine, pulling some not-so-glorious weeds. 











___________________________________________________

*Summary*

Heart Sisters is for women who want to both be and have better friends and want a helpful guide to take them through the process. Author Natalie Chambers Snapp uses her own and others’ stories of successes and failures to illustrate what she has learned about girlfriend relationships. Healthy boundaries, honesty, tact, sharing, and agape love all play a part in being and maintaining a circle of close confidants. She also deals with the inevitable challenges that face many relationships including how to handle conflict; life changes like a new baby, move or divorce; and when it is right to “break-up” with your friend. Discussion questions, space to journal, photos, and quick interviews of healthy female friendships are included within each chapter.




 __________________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

I wasn't sure. 

It seems like I think that a LOT whenever I decide to take the plunge into the deep end (non-fiction) side of the reviewing pool. Thankfully, Natalie was on hand with a life preserver if needed with that pretty, inviting cover but the extra security was unneeded. I loved Heart Sisters!! Why?

If you know me, you know one thing. If it tells you anything, my aunt calls me "Miss Social Butterfly". She says I'm always flitting around chatting to one person or the next, never afraid to talk to the new girl on the sidelines. Which is probably true. Except for one thing: I'm human. I'm social NOW because 3 years ago I was the new girl on the sidelines. Unfortunately, that doesn't make me "the perfect conversationalist" nor does it make me the best friend a person could have. But I have learned along the way. Lately I'd been struggling with "friend confidence" or lack there of. I wasn't sure of myself, if I was "normal" or a "good friend". I prayed about it. Two hours later, I received the email for this tour. 

Natalie's writing is superb, don't get me wrong, but it's not just that. It's a God thing. I don't know her personally, but I don't see her rolling out of bed saying: "I'm going to write a book about being a Godly friend". I'm pretty sure He put the thought on her heart. In fact I almost know it. Why? You can see it through her writing. Sure, her cover is great. The "Heart" of the book, excuse the pun, is Natalie's heart throughout the book.
Fabulous discussion questions, photos, journal space, interviews, all great. The real awesomeness comes in Natalie sharing her thoughts, Biblical truths, and valuable information every girl wants to know. Is this book going to solve every social problem you have? NO. That's not what God wants and it's not what Natalie wants. It will help you and guide you, however, and that's the true beauty in this book. 

Jump into the deep end. You just might decide to learn how to use the diving board.

____________________________________________________
*My overall thoughts*

Heart Sisters by Natalie Chambers Snapp is an awesome book of thoughts about being a Godly friend. Natalie's heart is seen in every page as well as discussion guides, journal pages, photos, and interviews to complete the read. Every woman needs a copy of this book.

__________________________________________________ 
*My Rating*

I give Heart Sisters by Natalie Chambers Sapp...


                                      




5 stars!! 
_____________________
 *Where to get it*




Don't forget to enter the giveaway!!

heart sisters-400



Happy Reading,

Nicki







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!