More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Litfuse Review-The Inn at Oceans Edge by Colleen Coble

Hey everyone!! I'm SO excited to share Colleen Coble's new book with you!! Check it out!






___________________________________________________

*Summary*

Claire’s visit to a luxury hotel in Maine awakens repressed memories, threatening all she holds dear.

In 1989, Claire Dellamare disappeared from her own fourth birthday party at the Hotel Tourmaline on the island of Folly Shoals, Maine. She showed up a year later at the same hotel, with a note pinned to her dress but no explanation. Nobody knows where Claire spent that year—and until now, Claire didn’t even know she had ever been missing.
But when Claire returns to the Hotel Tourmaline for a business meeting with her CEO father, disturbing memories begin to surface . . . despite her parents’ best efforts to keep them forgotten.
Luke Rocco lost his mother under equally mysterious circumstances—at the same time Claire disappeared. After a chance encounter reveals the unlikely link between them, Claire and Luke set out together to uncover the truth about what happened that fateful year.
With flashbacks swimming just beneath her consciousness and a murderer threatening her safety, Claire’s very life depends on unscrambling her past . . . even if her family refuses to acknowledge it. Someone—maybe everyone—is hiding something from Claire Dellamare, and it will cost her everything to drag the truth out into the light.
 __________________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

I made a terrible mistake. I recently (last fall I believe) read Colleen's Rock Harbor series. There is NOTHING wrong with the series. However, I also at that time requested to review Irene Hannon's Decieved. The mistake? Both books had a VERY similar plot line. The result? It altered my judgement whenever I heard the names Hannon or Coble. Fear not though, both authors had books available for review with a few weeks of each other so I decided to give them another try...I am SO glad I did!!

Since the characters were the first real thing I struggled with, I'll start with that. I loved Luke. I liked Claire too, don't get me wrong. Just not in the beginning. She came across as very snobbish to me. Thankfully over time, as any good book does, the characters were shaped and molded to become what God would want them to be, just as we are in "the real world". I just couldn't shake the feeling though that I really liked Kate more then Claire. I guess it's because I loved how instead of adding little insights into the "villains" mind, Colleen used those spaces to add the mind of another victim. It made the book more unique which, given my earlier judgment of Colleen's writing, is an awesome thing!

I loved the cover!! It has an eery look to while still conveying the beach feel that keeps the scene in your mind. I'm really excited for this new series and know Colleen will do a wonderful job!

This is a Christian book. There are points of faith as any good Christian book should have. It doesn't take away from the story yet still makes a point which I love. It helps shape the characters and smooth any rough edges a normal suspense might have. It fits smoothly into their everyday life, like water over a creek bed. Meant to be there. 

Suspense. That's what most of us think of when we think Colleen Coble. She did not disappoint!! There are more twists and turns in this book then a roller coaster and it was AWESOME. Just not before bed because it could feel very real. Star for Colleen!! Such an awesome book! 

____________________________________________________
*My overall thoughts*

The Inn at Ocean's Edge by Colleen Coble is an awesome suspense story woven with faith, trust, and a whole lot of mystery!! An original story line seals the deal as a must read!!

__________________________________________________ 
*My Rating*

I give The Inn at Oceans Edge by Colleen Coble...






5 stars!! 
_____________________
 *Where to get it*


Thanks for looking!!Come back soon and don't forget to buy Colleen's book!!
Happy Reading,
Nicki



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!