More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Friday, May 1, 2015

Zondervan Review- All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes by Betsy St. Amant

Good morning!! Happy May! WOW! Can't believe we're into the 5th month of the year already. Time flies!

This book is SUPER special to me. Really. I've wanted to read this book since I saw it was available to review. Unfortunately, I missed that one. So when I saw that Betsy was giving away a copy on facebook I decided to enter. You never know unless you try right? I didn't win. Not really that big of a surprise but what WAS a surprise was that the winner. It was someone I had worked with to review Dawn Crandall's book! I congratulated her...nothing surprising there. THIS was:

"Nicki, I was so touched by your congrats message to Marisa, that I'd love to send you a free autographed book of mine too! Would you prefer ALL's FAIR IN LOVE & CUPCAKES or WINTER BRIDES novella 3-in-1 collection?"

WHAT?! Such a sweetheart! Does that not make you want to buy her books?!?! How appropriate that I received the book yesterday and saw this video today:









Onto love...and food!


___________________________________________________

*Summary*

Kat inspected rows of the same old cupcakes. They seemed to blink back at her, as if they knew she was capable of so much more.
Kat Varland has had enough of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.
At twenty-six years old, Kat is still living in the shadows of her family in Bayou Bend, Louisiana. Still working shifts at her Aunt Maggie’s bakery. Still wondering what to do with her passion for baking and her business degree. And still single.
But when Lucas Brannen, Kat’s best friend, signs her up for a reality TV bake-off on Cupcake Combat, everything Kat ever wanted is suddenly dangled in front of her: creative license as a baker, recognition as a visionary . . . and a job at a famous bakery in New York.
As the competition heats up, Lucas realizes he might have made a huge mistake. As much as he wants the best for Kat, the only thing he wants for himself―her―is suddenly in danger of slipping away.
The bright lights of reality cooking wars and the chance at a successful career dazzle Kat’s senses and Lucas is faced with a difficult choice: help his friend achieve her dreams . . . or sabotage her chances to keep her in Louisiana.
 __________________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow, WOW! I think that was my exact sentence when I finished this book last night. I was hooked from the start!! It wasn't too fast or too slow and I was completely entranced. I think it took me a total of 4.5 hrs. to read it. Maybe shorter. Yes, I am THAT in love. 

The cover's pretty...nothing fantastic, simple so it doesn't take away from the book. Still, I can't help but think a close up shot of Kat in her apron holding a cupcake with Lucas in the background wearing his, would be PERFECT. *Hint hint* to all you authors that are unsure about featuring characters on your covers...do it! We love a visual. 


I LOVED Lucas!! I loved his name and he was adorable when he was in protective mode. I was beginning to get really upset when neither of the best friends could tell each other how they were feeling. Bravo Betsy!! I love a story that pulls me in and makes me feel what the characters are feeling. I understood the rejection Kat was feeling and think to some degree we might all feel as though "we're not good enough". I also understand the fear of losing a friend so that justified Lucas' actions as well. Such amazing characters! I even loved the "reality show drama", which is rare but awesome to see. It's not all it's cracked up to be and with God we can find pleasure in simple things.

The HUMOR! This book had me giggling from the start! I didn't expect the level of laughter I received which was an unexpected treat. If laughter is the best medicine, this must have been a prescription for me. Loved it!

All that to say, that doesn't mean I didn't have the sudden urge to punch something at all: I did. During a frustrated screaming match, the mother's "your sister is better" lecture, the father's unwillingness to stand up for Kat. GRRR! It made me angry with them but that's the power of a good story. Well done!

____________________________________________________
*My overall thoughts*

All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes by Betsy St. Amant is an awesome story on best friends,the power of feelings, God's plan, and being good enough. Great love story with an awesome message and some added humor!

__________________________________________________ 
*My Rating*

I give All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes by Betsy St. Amant...






5 stars!! 
_____________________
 *Where to get it*



Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Reading,
Nicki




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!