More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Monday, February 6, 2017

Litfuse Review- The Mark of the King by Jocelyn Green

Hey everyone! I can't even believe it's February already! Thankfully the winter hasn't been too bad here in Virginia, and I've gotten to read some seriously awesome books! This new one has completely captured my heart. Completely.



 


 _____________________________________
              
               *About the Book*

 Sweeping Historical Fiction Set at the Edge of the Continent 

After being imprisoned and branded for the death of her client, twenty-five-year-old midwife Julianne Chevalier trades her life sentence for exile to the fledgling 1720s French colony of Louisiana, where she hopes to be reunited with her brother, serving there as a soldier. To make the journey, though, women must be married, and Julianne is forced to wed a fellow convict.
When they arrive in New Orleans, there is no news of Benjamin, Julianne's brother, and searching for answers proves dangerous. What is behind the mystery, and does military officer Marc-Paul Girard know more than he is letting on?
With her dreams of a new life shattered, Julianne must find her way in this dangerous, rugged land, despite never being able to escape the king's mark on her shoulder that brands her a criminal beyond redemption.
 

     ____________________________________

               *My Thoughts*

Jocelyn Green. That name invokes so much excitement whenever I see it in front of the words "releasing in..." She's that awesome guys. Her civil war series having been phenomenal and my favorite series from that era, I knew I'd love anything else she penned. I wasn't wrong.

The Mark of The King is no less than an awe-inspiring work of art. Filled with page after page of historical stories rarely spoken of, Jocelyn's writing style and attention to detail leaves nothing to be desired. When I picked this up, I knew little about this time period, about this place, and about the injustices done to the people that first settled there. Now I want to know what else I've missed!

Enriched with a romance as sweet and beautiful as the unfolding of a rose, I fell in love with Jocelyn has opened up my eyes to a world I had never before seen, with characters as vivid and real as my own family.

Consensus? The Mark of the King is Heart wrenchingly beautiful in every way, and I can't wait to read it again.

    ___________________________________

                *My Rating*

I give The Mark of The King by Jocelyn Green... 

5 stars!

Happy Reading!

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!