More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Revell Review- Dazzle of Diamonds by Liz Johnson

Well, it's officially 4 days until our first day of school here in Appomattox. Through all of the uncertainty and changes these past months of quarantine, books have been a constant source of light to me. I have no doubt that will continue with more great stories amidst the coming challenges! And you can bet I'll share great books like this one with you all so you can join me. 

52536726. sx318 sy475

 *Summary*

                       Penelope Hunter loves her job as the events manager at one of Savannah's premier historic venues--until her ex-fiancĂ© walks into her office with his new bride-to-be. To make matters worse, a scheming social matriarch is intent on seeing Penelope fired, especially if she insists on being seen with Tucker Westbrook.

Since returning from serving two tours in the Middle East, Tucker has built a thriving security company. His work is nearly as stabilizing as his friendship with Penelope, who has been by his side since childhood. But when the lone candidate for county sheriff goads him, Tucker loses his cool and ends up on the ballot--and on the receiving end of a smear campaign claiming the Westbrooks were traitors to the South.

To clear his name, Tucker and Penelope must join forces to find the truth behind a 150-year-old lost treasure. But the more time they spend together, the closer she comes to losing her job--and falling helplessly in love.
______________________________

*My Thoughts*


Ahhh, Liz Johnson.

Liz is one of the “debut” authors whose first book came out after I started my reviews, and now, six books in, I’m still in awe of her talent.

The state of Georgia has always been one of those idyllic places in my mind. Sweet southern living, history rich cities and towns, and fresh peaches have given me that outlook, but this story enriched it so much for me! I also am such a sucker for friendships that grow and deepen and take on new life, and this one was no disappointment. Sweet and sassy, Tucker and Penny’s relationship was both humorous and heart melting, moving at just the right pace to make it feel believable and real. Tucker’s aunt, one of the wonderful side characters, brought an extra dose of humor and wit to the story to keep the mood light and fun.

Stories where time periods and points of view change can be difficult for some to navigate without making a story confusing, but diary entry stories are the exception to the rule, in my opinion. Liz wrote each entry with the perfect amount of mystery and suspense to keep the reader interested and flipping page after page to get to the end. But once I got to the end, I was sad it was over!

Wow. Two full, beautiful series by this wonderful author now sit on my shelves and now I’m eagerly awaiting her next series! Go pick this one up, it is well worth the read!
   _______________________________________________________

  *My Rating*

  I give Dazzle of Diamonds by Liz Johnson...


                                       



                             5 stars! 
            




Happy Reading,

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!