More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Friday, September 19, 2014

David C. Cook review - Traces of Mercy by Michael Landon Jr & Cindy Kelly

Yay!! It's finally Friday!! :) It's rainy and gloomy here so the reading is Per-fect! How's weather your way?


Since I live in Appomattox this book was very close to home for me:



You guessed it!! A civil war story!! 


Description:

In Traces Of Mercy, it starts out as a young Confederate sniper scoping out his target...but he is unable to fulfill his duties and that is where the flashback ends. Young "Mercy" as she is called, by Mother at the Little Sisters of Hope community, finds herself injured, with no memory, one outfit not appropriate for a woman, and not a thing to her name. Confused and wondering, she meets the ever handsome Rand...though in quite the unlikely circumstance. When someone from her past shows up and unintentionally threatens her future and maybe even her life, she begins to ask the important questions. Who am I really? Does God really love me? Will I leave to see tomorrow and get my memory back? Will Rand still love me? Discover the answers to her riveting questions in this amazing story on love, faith, trust, and second chances!


Why I liked it:
Why NOT?! It's great for guys and girls because...duh, what guy doesn't like war stories? This book could and definitely should be made into a movie!! Hallmark, if you're reading this...what are you waiting for?! Oh yeah...the third book to be written... *sheepish look* ;)



What didn't I like:

The only thing for teens is one part where Mercy is unfortunately found without clothes...but I couldn't take away points just for that. FANTASTIC book!


My Rating:

I give Traces of Mercy....




Why my rating is what it is:

Five out of five stars for teen/adult friendliness as well as an awesome account of what happened during the war that threatened to split our nation.Absolutely riveting story...I was on the verge of tears by the end!!Knowing that Michael Landon Jr. has worked on several fabulous stories in movie form and that Cindy Kelly worked on the "Love Comes Softly" movie series, I thought it would be a fabulous story. I was not disappointing and you won't be either!!


The second book comes out October 1st...it will be on my Christmas list for sure. How about yours?

Blessings,
Nicki

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nicki. I really liked this one too and love your fun review for it! It definitely had me on the verge of tears as well... I'm excited for the next book. Ah, the weather is about the same where I live. I've been cuddled up in my favorite reading chair with "Destined for Doon." Haha

    Also, I love your blog! New follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!