More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Litfuse Review- The Promise of Palm Grove by Shelley Shepard Gray

Afternoon everyone!! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I definitely did!! Saturday, little sis and I went on a youth trip with 20+ other kids to Jumpology about two hours away from here. Four hours of driving on a bus with a bunch of kids. Fun! Add in an entire floor full of trampolines and multiple games of dodgeball later and it's a blast! 

Church was amazing yesterday as well. I got to spend a little time with one of the best people to enter my life, Aaron and his girlfriend, and saw another friend I hadn't seen in months. I also breathed a huge sigh of relief when I FINALLY let go of something that was really bothering me.

I apologized to someone in youth I'd been wishing would just leave youth, the state for that matter, for awhile now. I let go...let God take control, very much like Leona in fact. Which, I AM going to get to. First though, I thought this verse fit well with what needed to happen in my life this weekend in order to feel real peace, and maybe even in your life as well. 


"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as Christ forgave you."
Ephesians 4:31-32

Now, back to Leona!








*Book Description*

Leona Weaver has decided that this special vacation with two of her best friends will be good for her. Except, that was before she began to have second thoughts about her betrothal to ever controlling Edmund-the brother of her best friend. When she meets Zachary Kauffman-in a tree of all places-Leona's life, thoughts, and friendships are turned even more upside down. Desperately trying to explain her feelings to the skeptical girls she's rooming with, she struggles to understand them herself. Torn between what she thinks she knows is right and what God has for her, Leona is confused. Will she figure out her thoughts before it's too late? Or will she ruin all her plans for her life with a first impression? 


*What I liked*

This was a super sweet Amish story!! I have a best friend named Zach and I love the name so it's even better that the male protagonist is Zach too! I can honestly relate to Leona. She's confused and the author does a fabulous job showing her conflicting emotions and the pov of her friends. The writing was an easy read, nothing deep so it's perfect to pick up at the beach. Plus, even better, it takes place at the beach!!

*What I didn't like*

If you're into really deep, can't put it down till it's finished, reading material, save this one for that trip to the beach. It's not super slow but it doesn't have the depth as much which is good for picking it up at any given time and still wanting to know what happens next. The other thing I found is that Zach and Leona's relationship was really rushed.

*My Rating*

I give The Promise of Palm Grove...


4 stars!!

*My overall opinion*
                                 
    The Promise of Palm Grove by Shelley Shepard Gray is a sweet Amish story that focuses on learning and understanding what God has for you and also forgiveness and not worrying what others think. Perfect 4 star book for relaxing during a stressful day.
                          
 *Where to buy it*

Walmart
Christianbook
Barnes & Noble




Thanks for visiting & be sure to check out Shelley's other books!!

Happy Reading,
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!