More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Revell Review- The Creole Princess by Beth White

Hey guys! My.Computer.Hates.Me. Did I mention that? No? Well it does. And the feeling is quickly going to become mutual if it keeps deleting my reviews. Like this one. Yep. I completed this review almost 2 weeks ago and my lovely computer deleted it. Which is why I have not one but 2 reviews for Revell TODAY to do on top of my Human Relations class. BORing by the way. Anyways, on to The Creole Princess!








___________________________________________________

*Summary*

  It is 1776, and all along the eastern seaboard the American struggle for independence rages. But in the British-held southern port of Mobile, Alabama, the conflict brewing is much quieter--though no less deadly. 
Lyse Lanier may be largely French in heritage, but she spends most of her time in the company of the ebullient daughter of the British commander of Mobile. When a charming young Spanish merchant docks in town, Lyse is immediately struck by his easy wit and flair for the dramatic. But is he truly who he makes himself out to be? Spies abound, and Spain has yet to choose a side in the American conflict. Is Lyse simply an easy mark for Rafael Gonzalez to exploit? Or are his overtures of love as genuine as Spanish gold?

With spectacular detail that brings the cultural gumbo of the Colonial Gulf Coast alive, Beth White invites you to step into a world of intrigue and espionage from a little-known slice of the American Revolutionary War.

 __________________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

Ugh the struggle!! I wanted this book to climb into my favorites. Same as every other historical novel I read. This one though, just didn't want to do it for me. I'll start by saying, I've never read Beth White before and even though it wasn't really a favorite, I'll definitely give her another try! 

Beth has really tackled a tough time period!! I think that's part of the reason I struggled. In this time period, The Revolutionary War, there was such a vast mix of languages, Spanish and French the focus in this novel, it was hard to keep up. It wasn't anything Beth did as I read glowing reviews from other reviewers. I just had a hard time switching from one language foreign to me to another.

I love Lyse's name! It was so original, different...and while I didn't care for Raphael's name as much, his personality was charming! Talk about dramatic. Age my little sister about 12-15 years and make her a spanish man and you have Rafael. Since I'm still not sure I'll survive my sister's teen years (she isn't even 13!), that's saying a lot!! It was sweet though. Their relationship wasn't forced but it wasn't super fast either which was nice.

The cover was beautiful! I do hope to read more of Beth's books, I just need to choose a time where I can focus! Keep writing Beth, and I'll keep reading!

__________________________________________________ 
*My Rating*

I give The Creole Princess by Beth White...





3 1/2 stars!! 
____________________________________________________
*My overall thoughts*

The Creole Princess by Beth White is a complex romance story based during the Revolutionary War. It features both Spanish and French and shows the wide diverse culture we embraced then as we do now. Such a cool time period Beth!

_____________________
 *Where to get it*



Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Reading,
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!