More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tyndale Review- Double Cross by Diann Mills

Hey everyone!! I am just ITCHING to share this with you!! It was THAT good!! I even remembered that I got the first book in the series as a freebie which was SUPER awesome!!




___________________________________________________

*Summary*

FBI Agent Laurel Evertson’s investigation into a scam targeting the elderly takes an unexpected twist when key evidence leads her to Morton Wilmington, a felon she arrested five years ago on her first undercover assignment. That case has haunted her since, and though she’s vowed to forget Wilmington―and what she sacrificed to put him away―he is now her best lead.

Houston Police Officer Daniel Hilton fears his grandparents may be the scammer’s next targets, and he’ll do anything to protect his family―even force interagency cooperation. But he’s quickly drawn to Laurel’s empathy and zeal and agrees to follow her lead . . . even if it means teaming up with a felon.

As the unlikely trio uncovers evidence suggesting the scam is more extensive and deadly than they imagined, both Laurel and Daniel find themselves in the crosshairs of a killer. Together they must decide if they can trust Wilmington’s claims of redemption, or if he’s leading them straight into a double cross.
 __________________________________________________

*My Thoughts*

This book was so fun to read!! I have a natural love of reading Christian books ever since I read my first Wanda Brunnstetter. Karen Kingsbury carried it to the next level and Colleen Coble pushed my over the edge into addicted. Still, I've had trouble getting into suspense. There's such a fine line between original and just a tad to similar. Fortunately for Diann, I'd never read something with this theme before!! I have a deep love for the elderly people in our Church and solving a scan involving them is right up my alley!! 

I love when covers in a series match somewhat. If someone has 3 books in a series featuring a woman with a sunset and then a fourth comes out nothing likes the others...frankly, it drives me nuts! This one features the same theme and also the same style name which is nice. The words Double Cross appeared multiple times in her first book, Firewall, so I had a connection there. 

Diann is officially in my top 3 favorites for suspense writers! I love her fresh style of writing, the development in her characters, and her awesome plot lines!! Can't wait for book 3!!






____________________________________________________
*My overall thoughts*

Double Cross by Diann Mills is a Christian suspense based on the FBI. It's creative plot line and deep characters make it unique and a top favorite of mine.

__________________________________________________ 
*My Rating*

I give Double Cross by Diann Mills...



...5 stars!!



_____________________
 *Where to get it*


Thanks for looking!! Review for Firewall coming soon!!
Happy Reading,
Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!