More about me and Tracks and Chapters!

Monday, March 6, 2017

Tyndale Review- Maybe It's You by Candace Calvert

Hey everyone!! I hope you're all having a fabulous March! I can't believe we're here already. A quarter of the year 2017 is over already! 




 _____________________________________
              
               *About the Book*

ER nurse Sloane Ferrell escaped her risky past--new name, zip code, job, and a fresh start. She's finally safe, if she avoids a paper trail and doesn't let people get too close. Like the hospital's too-smooth marketing man with his relentless campaign to plaster one "lucky" employee's face on freeway billboards.Micah Prescott's goal is to improve the Hope hospital image, but his role as a volunteer crisis responder is closer to his heart. The selfless work helps fill a void in his life left by family tragedy. So does a tentative new relationship with the compassionate, beautiful, and elusive Sloane Ferrell.Then a string of brutal crimes makes headlines, summons responders . . . and exposes disturbing details of Sloane's past.Can hope spring from crisis?
     ____________________________________

               *My Thoughts*

Candace Calvert's work is so different from any other contemporary fiction I've ever read. She has this amazing way of combining her life outside of her writing with this real, magical fiction world she created. The end result is medical fiction like you've never read before!

Maybe It's You is the third book in the Crisis Team series. Even though I highly recommend books one and two (they're awesome!), I think you could easily get away with this one as a stand alone. 

Candace created such a strong character in Sloane Ferrel. She had such a tough shell, but she also had a sweet, trusting side to her that made her so tangible to me. Her determination to overcome her shameful past made the book not just fluff, but a deep inspiring read. Micah Prescott the handsome pr director was butting heads with Sloane from the beginning. Her judgemental attitude towards him gave them a rocky start, but their relationship steadily grew throughout the book. With every turn of the page, I was holding my breath to see what would happen next. 

My conclusion? Candace has created yet another work of Medical drama art. From the strong characters to the riveting plot to the fascinating details, Maybe It's You truly is a winner.


    ___________________________________

                *My Rating*

I give Maybe It's You by Candace Calvert... 

5 stars!

Happy Reading!

Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone!! Thanks for visiting my blog!! If you have any music requests or you see something you don't like on my blog, just email me at olsen.nicole8@gmail.com. Have a great rest of your day and come back soon for more reviews!

Get your copy now!

Get your copy of SABOTAGED by Author Dani Pettrey!